If you have every sold your home, it’s a good possibility your Real Estate agent may have advised you to declutter, stage your home, plant new flowers and make other numerous repairs and updates. Some homeowners may be reluctant to make these changes due to the cost, but according to home valuation site HomeGain, these improvements can actually make you more money when you sell your home.
Under HomeGain’s Tools for Sellers, you can utilize the Home Sale Maximizer tool, where HomeGain has identified the top 10 home improvements for under $1500.
These 10 improvements add the most to the home seller’s bottom line and are also recommended by over 600 Real Estate professionals.
The top 10 home improvements are listed by the greates return on investment (ROI):
- Cleaning & decluttering ($290 cost/$1990 price increase/586% ROI)
- Lightening & brightening ($375 cost/$1550 price increase/313% ROI)
- Home staging ($550 cost/$2194 price increase/299% ROI)
- Landscaping ($540 cost/$1932 price increase/258% ROI)
- Repairing electrical or plumbing ($535 cost/$1505 price increase/181% ROI)
- Kitchen and bathroom ($1265 cost/$3435 price increase/172% ROI)
- Replace or shampoo carpets ($647 cost/$1730 price increase/169% ROI)
- Paint interior ($1012 cost/$2112 price increase/109% ROI)
- Repair floors ($931 cost/$1924 price increase/107% ROI)
- Paint exterior ($1467 cost/$2222 prcie increase/51% ROI)
Plugging in your zipcode such as, 85253, 85254, etc. may vary your results from the survey, but what has remained consistent is when Real Estate agents were surveyed, how often these recommendations were made to their clients. Nearly 100% of listing agents recommend claning and decluttering, and 97% recommended lightening and brightening. 80% of agents recommended staging. These top 3 categories cost a little more than $1000 yet yield $5734 to sellers at closing.